Thursday, September 17, 2009

Labeling and annotations, you've got to love it!


This week and last we learned about effective type in map design. After Pete showed us all the options there are in changing labels, fonts, sizes, and spacing I must I was impressed by the software capabilities. However, after trying to create a great map with a ton of labels my head was spinning with options. I could do that, or maybe this....no wait I should have done it like that instead....what did he say about serif and sanserif again?...AHHH!
I had to stop trying different options at some point. Check out the map.

5 comments:

  1. Good job. I don't feel like this map is cluttered at all. Everything is clear and easy to read. My only comment would be to maybe consider adding a few more features to the legend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one. Lots of hard work on the stream annotation.
    Tommy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your colors and how you designated the populatiin size in your map and legend. I think that the north arrow should have been place elsewhere. It's all subjective.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a really good job with this map, everything is very clear not cluttered. You may consider including more features in your legend, but I don't know- features like rivers are self explanatory. Great map!

    ReplyDelete